“Travel the Red River Valley ...
Clay County Loop
Tour the Clay County area out of Henrietta, just west of Wichita Falls
|Red River 10X Crossing Ride
(Texas & Oklahoma)
Cross the Red River in 10 distinct
locations in one day
|River Road - Sherman, Tx to Hugo, Ok
Enjoy the scenery along the beautiful Red River Valley between Sherman, Tx and Hugo, Ok.
River Road II (coming soon...)
The Breaks Ride / Seymour, Tx Area
|Wichita Mountains Ride / Wichita Falls, Tx Area
Ride to the breathtaking Wichita Mountains, enjoy the view, stop at the museum, eat a Meers Burger, stop at Medicine Village - and more! Read full description!
Possum Kingdom Lake & Wildcatter Ranch Ride
Enjoy a scenic ride around historic Duncan area, including Chisolm Trail Casino, Museums, historic Palace Theatre, Fuqua Park, Kiddieland Park, two sparkling lakes and end up at Simmons Center for more great information.
...more rides to be added
|Why not add YOUR 'Area Ride'?
We will be glad to consider yours for publication here!
[We will create the "Area Locator" Map for you to show the general area / counties of the ride.]
Some things to remember to include [see Template below]:
- Name of Ride - name your ride - pick an interesting or intriguing name to motivate of stir interest in your ride. This can make or break interest in a ride.
- Submitted by: - let us know if you want credit on a 'submitted by' line
- Ride Description: - a SHORT description of the ride
- Distance: Total distance of ride in miles
- Time: Total approximate TIME the ride takes - may specify 'without stops'
- County(s): where ride is located or passes through
- Start: Location where it is recommended to start the ride
- End: Location
- Special notes (optional - if any)
- Points of Interest: (if any) along the way - include any website URL links if possible.
- scenic spots
- places to eat
- places to shop
- Ride Directions: not necessarily required if you provide a Google Map route - but generally a very good idea to include)
- Google interactive Ride Route Map
- SHOULD include a Google Map
- See: maps.google.com/help/maps/directions
- Use the Google Link Tool
- Click "Customize and preview embedded map" link
- Set the Map Size to "Custom" - width=650, Height=variable, depending upon map dimensions - usually either 300 or 500 wide.
- Click inside the box labeled "3. Copy and paste this HTML to embed in your website" - then type ctrl-A and ctrl-C to COPY ALL text, and PASTE that, along with the above information into an email.
- Related Area Links: Include any 'special links' - links to museums, restaurants or special interest businesses along the way.
Send to: Rides@RedRiverValley.info
(COPY and PASTE Template into Word or an Emai or other word/text processorl, fill it out and send via email]
Points of Interest:
[Google interactive Ride Route Map]
Related Area Links: